Skip to main content

Not of The World Prt 2 - 2 Cor 2:7






"For we live by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7
This verse needs to be explained. When we live by faith, we live by what we believe, in our case, Jesus Christ. We live in Jesus, and Jesus in us.

"Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." - John 14:23 This is proof that Jesus lives in us. Another proof (my favourite) :

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." - John 14:18

How did He come to us, not physically but IN THE HOLY GHOST!

Jesus lives in us, and we have His power. Many people say: 'We don't have all of Jesus' power, we only have a measure'. Let's look at what Jesus said:
"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father" - John 14:12

How are we supposed to do more than what Jesus' did with less power than He had? We have full power, full adoption as His sons and daughters!

"Do not be conformed to this world, but continuously be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God’s will is—what is proper,pleasing, and perfect." - Romans 12:2

Many Christians do their best to impress people of the World as well as be a follower of Jesus. It is IMPOSSIBLE. Jesus said so:

"If the world hates you, you should realize that it hated me before you.  If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as one of its own. But because you do not belong to the world and I have chosen you out of it, the world hates you" - John 15:18-19

Something that does not belong to something cannot be part of it, unless it changes and becomes that criteria to 'fit in'. TRUE Christians can never 'fit in' with the world, because we are chosen out of it. Christians can fit in Christians though - no, I wasn't objecting that. What I am trying to point out is that a Christian will always face temptation from the world, that already belongs to Satan (according to 2 Corinthians 4:4) . And Satan governs this world to do what he wants it to do, but we are Christians and have overcome the world. How? you may ask:
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.'" - John 16:33
Jesus is securing all my points  here:

A) In this world we will have tribulation (temptation)
B) Jesus is the only one who brings peace
C) Jesus is in us, meaning we have overcome the world!

CONFESSION:
Jesus lives with me, my life is filled with blessings, peace and prosperity. I have overcome the world. I allow God's spirit to work in me right now and command Satan out of my life and everything that includes me or pertains to me, in Jesus name, Amen!

Website: dailyverseoftheday.blogspot.com

Social Media:
Facebook:https://m.facebook.com/VOTD-Verse-Of-The-Day-1659330200997578/?ref=bookmarks
Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/YourVerseBible
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/1/collection/Uz6RcB

Feel free to share this with anyone who may be encouraged by it! (Please put a link to our site though!). Comment and check out our Instagram page!
https://www.instagram.com/daily_bible_verses_2016/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revere Christ as Lord!

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." - 1 Peter 3:15. Whenever we are being trialled or tested for our faith, we should never deny it. Take the opportunity to tell them about God. Preach to them and give them the chance to hear about God. It may work, it may not. But all you know is, you accomplished your part of the mission. You've preached to them. Now it's there decision to come to Christ. Notice the Bible says do it with GENTLENESS. We don't use violence to try and preach the Gospel. We don't force people to believe in our reality. We use one of the fruit of the spirit (See Galatians 5:22 for a full list) Now you may wonder why Peter says 'with respect' when God says: "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" - Acts 10:34.
“Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭100:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ http://bible.com/114/psa.100.3.nkjv

Most Powerful

8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. (‭Psalms‬ ‭16‬:‭8‬ KJV) In this verse, David is actually having a revelation about Jesus from the Holy Ghost. Let me explain. You see- as Christians, Jesus is the one who is before us. The One we follow. He is at our right hand and protects us. And because of Him, we are not moved. The Lord is you Leader, Provider and Guide. Without him, your steps would be without guide and you would have no knowledge of the path you are taking. You would be vulnerable to Satan and he will be able to destroy you. But-thank God- he can't destroy us. Christ lives in us, the most powerful Thing ever!